How to grow a lemon tree indoors Tips and Steps
how to grow a lemon tree indoors and get best benefits from your lemon tree for free you need to read this article.with just little work you can get all the benefits from that lemon Tree in your home.
Why Grow Lemon Plant?
The health benefits of lemon include treatment of throat infections, indigestion, constipation, dental problems, and fever, internal bleeding, rheumatism, burns, obesity, respiratory disorders, cholera and high blood pressure, while it also benefits hair and skin care. Known for its therapeutic property since generations, lemons help to strengthen your immune system, cleanse your stomach, and it is considered a blood purifier.
Lemon juice, especially, has several health benefits associated with it. It is well known as a useful treatment for kidney stones, reducing strokes and lowering body temperature. As a refreshing drink, lemonade helps you to stay calm and cool.
What do I need to Start Growing lemon plant?
First Decide where you want to grow your lemon plant on your rooftop,balcony or inside the container?
so after you decide the location you need to check it get good sun availability and also of water at right time.
- One organic lemon because non-organic lemons are often containing non-germinating seeds
- The soil you will use needs to be fertile potting. It is recommendable for the soil to contain natural fertilizers, peat, vermiculite and perlite.
- A planting pot (6 inches in width and 6 inches in dept)
- A seedling pot (24 inches in width and 12 inches in dept)
- Location that is indoors but sunny and a grow lamp
STEP BY STEP BY TIPS
Basic Step To Start From –
First start with the soil and the pot put the seed or the plant if you want it to grow from plant,I personally like growing from Seed. now you have to know about the maintenance of your lemon plant.
Fertilizer for Growing Lemon Tree in a Pot
All plants of citrus family are heavy feeders and lemon tree too requires fertilizer to produce fruits and lush foliage. Use special purpose citrus fertilizers for every citrus species plant, if unavailable use slow release fertilizer of NPK 12-6-6.
Look for a fertilizer that contains micronutrients, especially iron, manganese, and zinc. To give boost feed to your lemon tree apply a water soluble fertilizer once in a month in growing season.
Pests and Diseases for Lemon Tree in Pot
Pests like mealy bugs, spider mites, aphids and scales occasionally attract toward it. To get rid of them organically read this article.
Harvesting time depends on the type of variety you are growing and your weather conditions. The citrus fruits stop ripening once they are off the tree. To determine if the fruit is ripened, see if the fruit is heavy, soft and yellow.
Additional tips on Growing Lemon Tree in Pot
- Keep your lemon tree in a less windy spot as it dislikes strong winds.
- If moving indoors for winter or outside for summer, acclimatize it to avoid shock.
- You can also do grafting to get two or more variety from the single tree.