Lotus flower meaning
Lotus flower or the Kamal ka Phool is considered to be the most sacred flower in India because of the many reasons.
But first, let me tell you the Meaning and little information about the lotus flower.
Lotus Flower meaning and information
The Lotus (Nelumbo nucifera) symbolizes immaculateness, magnificence, superbness, beauty, ripeness, riches, wealth, learning and tranquility. The Pink Lotus is the National Flower of India. Nelumbo nucifera is known by various basic names, including Sacred lotus, Indian lotus, and Sacred water-lily.
Kingdom – Plantae
Division – Magnoliophyta
Order – Proteales
Family – Nelumbonaceae
- Genus – Nelumbo
Lotuses are found in white and pink hues when all is said in done and they develop in shallow and dinky waters. Lotus blossoms appreciate warm daylight and are bigoted to the chilly climate. This is the reason the Lotus is not seen blooming in the winter. The skimming leaves and Lotus blooms have long stems, which contain air spaces to keep up the lightness. The Lotus is local to Asia and twists in an extensive variety of atmospheres from India to China.
Why Lucky Bhambo is lucky – Check Now
The Lotus plant is an aquatic perennial, native to southern Asia and Australia and most commonly cultivated in water gardens. The plant has its roots firmly in the mud and sends out long stems to which their leaves are attached. The leaves are sometimes, and Lotus flowers always raised above the water surface. The beautiful and fragrant Lotus flower opens in the morning and petals fall in the afternoon.
Top 5 Reason India Love Lotus Flower
1 .One of the most common metaphysical analogies compares the lotus’ perennial rise to faultless beauty from a miry environment to the evolution of consciousness, from instinctive impulses to spiritual liberation. -” Kamal Hamesha Kichad Me Ugta h “.
2. Lord Krishana in Gita – In the Bhagavad Gita, a human is adjured to be like the lotus; they should work without attachment, dedicating their actions to God, untouched by sin like water on a lotus leaf, like a beautiful flower standing high above the mud and water.
3. Lotus Position – In the postures of hatha yoga, the lotus position, padmasana, is adopted by those striving to reach the highest level of consciousness, which itself is found in the thousand-petalled lotus chakra at the top of the head.
4. Spiritual Knowledge – Hindu scriptures say that the Atman dwells in the lotus within the heart. Visualize within yourself a lotus, centered right within your heart. Try to mentally feel and see the heart as a lotus flower right within you. Within the center of the lotus, see a small light. Hindu scriptures state that the Atman within the heart looks like a brilliant light about the size of your thumb, just a small light. This light is an emanation of your radiant being. It is dwelling right within. The Self God is deeper than that. The lotus is within the heart, and the Self God dwells deep within that lotus of light.
5. BJP – Now Bjp A Governing party In India Use lotus As the Election Sign.
How To Grow Lotus Flower
I got all the seeds out of the pods by prying them with a knife. Easy enough.I sacrificed them with a metal file till i saw the cream center. I just held them in place with a pair of pliers and sawed with the file. It’s not hard but annoying. The seeds can be very thick and tough!
After I scared them I put them in a plastic bowl in warm water. I know i scared them good enough because you can see air bubbles escaping from the seeds. I set them on the window sill. The plan is to change the water and replace it with fresh warm water once or twice a day.Here’s a picture of the scarifies seeds in the water. And now we wait!
After only one day of soaking the seeds are really beginning to swell!
one of the seeds splitting! I hope this means green is to follow soon!
- I went to check on my lotus and they seem to be in a very slow and stubborn stage but the sprout that has been the strongest this whole process is unrolling its very first leaf today (finally) and the same sprout now has a second stem breaking the waters surface to start making leaf #2 !
- All the other sprouts leaves are still rolled tightly but separated from the stem.
- As for the remaining 4 lotus seeds. they are still being lazy, and not sprouting but I’m not giving up since I can see green in every one of them!
- Of course my sprout from a dried lotus arrangement from Hobby Lobby craft store*on sale ($3.99) * I did the math and I paid about 10 cents for each seed
- 18-gallon toy tub from Walmart 18″ x 16″(about $6.00)
- miracle grow garden soil *1.5cu.ft. ($5.00)
- compost cow manure from home depot*40lb. bag ($1.50ea.)
- Osmo cote granule fertilizer (veggie and flower formula) ($14.00)
- gravel (I used the kind from the fish section. I had it from other projects) ($11.00)
*I waited till the Lotus had two floating leaves with a third really thick stem that looked like it would be two more leaves.
STEP 1: I poured 1 cup of Osmo cote fertilizer into the bottom of the tub.
STEP 2: I then filled the tub with about 9-10″ of 1/2 composted manure and 1/2 garden soil, *mixed together well*. maybe slightly more compost than garden soil (I didn’t measure) However, I did make sure the top layer was manure to limit floating stuff.
STEP 3: I poured a very thin layer of aquarium gravel to also help prevent floating stuff.
STEP 4: I filled the tub with water until it stopped bubbling(the soil was completely saturated) and left about 3-4″ of water above the surface of the gravel. scooped up what did float with a fish net.
STEP 5: my final step was to make an impression in the gravel and place my sprout down into it and LIGHTLY covered with gravel just enough to keep the seed from floating up. make sure not to cover too deep or cover growing tips.