You might know the babul plant very well if you are from Rajasthan (India). but if you are not from Rajasthan them here is the total guide that can make you familiar with babul plant.
What is called Babul plant in English – Acacia tree or Gum arabic tree
the scientific name of Babul plant is – Vachellia Nilotica
Where does babul grow?
Babul plant is first found in Africa. and because of the temperature and other similarities it is also found in Rajasthan, Other than Rajasthan it is also found in all over India and middle Asia too. Babul is considered as indanger plant species Because it is not found in abundance.
Why is Babul plant called Gum arabic tree?
The trunk of Vachellia Nilotica plant produce gum and that gum is used for the various purposes from the ancient times.
But now this gum is used in many sectors like medicines, dyes, and paints. In the present commercial market, gum arabic is defined as the dried exudate from the trunks and branches of Senegalia (Acacia) Senegal or Vachellia (Acacia) Seyal in the family Leguminosae (Fabaceae).
What are the Benefits of Babul plant
- For a Toothache
- Aids in Jaundice
- Treats Diarrhoea
- Good for Stomach related problems
- Cures Throat problems
- Aids in Eczema
- Helpful in Pregnancy
- Reduces Excessive sweating
- Helpful in Lumbago
How to use babul plant for these benefits are written in Ayurveda website.
How To Use For Health issues
- They consist of polysaccharides or their derivatives.
- They are soluble in water or at least become soft and swollen when mixed with water. However, they are insoluble in alcohol and other organic solvents.
- They decompose completely on heating without melting and tend to become charred
- Most gums emanate from plants in a liquid form. They dry up into translucent, amorphous, tear-shaped bodies or flakes on contact with air.