How To Fertilize Garden Easily
These the few ways by which you can fertilize your garden.These are some ideas to get organic fertilizers.
1.You can use used tea leaves. After use put them on a plate under the sun. When they are dry sprinkle them over the soil.
2. If you buy flowers for any reason, be it for idols or anything, after use, shred them into pieces and mix with soils and pieces of paper and let them rot for some days. Then use.
3. All kitchen wastes are a boon to plants out there in cities. Rather than throwing out the kitchen wastes to the bins,u can make a mulch around the plants, which intern reduce the water use also as it prevents water loss from the surface.
4. Get some pigeon food, let them on a plastic mat, collect the poop, let it dry and add to.soil, If ya have a fish aquarium, use the water in the fish tank to feed your plants.
5. Leaf mold: It is a form of compost exclusively made by fungal & bacterial breakdown of dry leaves. Leaf mold is good quality humus. It is used as rooting medium for stem cutting & pot mixture for orchids, ferns, succulents & bonsai.
The Blue Print For your first plant is here
1.Have tall big pots (minimum 1.5 feet height and 1.5 feet diameter (this is to keep the plant healthy for a long time)
2.Fill the pot with soil which is from a deep pit (pick up soil from when pits are dug for Foundation, etc.). The soil 4–5 feet below the earth would almost be dark red in color. Mix 2–3 other soil types again from different pits from different areas. (this is where the success lies)
3. The soil should be like soft – if hand-full of soil is held with the fist closed tight then the soil would form like a ball, but when that ball is touched, it again breaks down to powder form – such consistency of soil is good
4. Fill the pot 1/3 with soil (taken from a deep pit) and fill one layer of semi-decomposed plant matter, decomposing fruit peels, etc. Then on top of that fill a layer of Earthworm soil (black in color) and add 3–4 Earthworms. Fill the rest of the pot, again with the deep pit soil
5. Take the plant bought from nursery (usually in small plastic bags) – cut the plastic bag with sharp blade on 3 or 4 sides and slowly remove the plastic and insert the plant (before that make a pit like cavity in the plant pot to insert the plant along with the soil /mud) with the roots covered with mud /soil etc. without disturbing the soil in which it was grown in the first place.
6. Sprinkle water on the edges of the pot and not in the center. This was the roots will spread towards the whole pot (new)
7. Water the plant (spray) daily twice early in the morning and late evening for a week. Then water only once a day for a week.
8. After 15 days Don’t water the plant every day – once in 2 or 3 days depending on the soil condition is good enough.
9. Once in 15 days put – 1 Tsp of Vermi-wash liquid – well diluted. The fallen leaves of the plant should be put back in the pot itself – let it dry or decompose and become part of the soil itself in the pot.
10. Place the pot in such a way that there is sunlight on the plant for 3–4 hours (not more not less).
11. Don’t prune the plant, don’t cut the flowers for one full season – honey bees, wasps, butterflies, etc. would visit the flowers – let them come and have a feast.
Want to Grow Your Own Vegetable in your own Rooftop? – Check out the blog – Click Here