Raat Ki Rani Plant
The Raat ki Rani Plant is really popular in the gardening community Because it has some unique feature like it only bloom in the night only once a year.
In English Raat ki Rani is – Night Blooming Jasmine
Queen of Night or our commonly known Raat ki rani is a fragrant flowering bush. Also known as Night blooming jasmine, night scented jessamine or the Cestrum nocturnum flowering bush can grow in all climates and is an evergreen flowering bush.
Do You know Raat ki Rani Attract Snakes!
There is a belief heard since ages that this Raat ki rani attracts snakes.
Common belief strongly links snakes with ‘Chandan’ tree and certain strongly pleasant smelling flowers’ plant, e.g. ‘Raat-Raani’, as the overpoweringly pleasant smell is said to attract snakes. Hence people are advised against planting these plants in their homes.
Tips for Growing Night Blooming Jasmine
- Night blooming jasmine blooms only when the weather is warm.
- The night blooming jasmine grows well in full sunlight or partial shade.
- If they are in frost areas, consider planting under a tree.
- If frost is expected, move the plant indoors or under shelter.
- The plant will die if exposed to frost but will grow again in the spring.